The use of industrial inkjet to image directly onto food is well-proven. Examples of digital decoration can be found on cookies and candies sold on the internet as well as commercial products found on the supermarket shelf.
Adding an industrial inkjet system to a full-speed, full-width, food manufacturing line is both challenging and rewarding. Once in place, the same line can produce a wide variety of innovative products with little set-up time. However, food production lines pose a set of challenges that need to be addressed to enable a successful implementation.
- Print fluid chemistry (water based, oil based, solid wax?)
- Colorant and surface interaction
- Where best in the process should the Inkjet system be inserted
- Product stability and regulatory considerations
- System productivity, operability and reliability
- Plant Engineer training
Integrity has the experience and technical capability to act as your Program Manager to ensure that all aspects of the program are understood and in place to enable a smooth, successful implementation.
- … and more!